DRESS REHEARSAL TIMETABLE & INFORMATION
This year we are holding our dress rehearsals over two afternoons. We understand that for some children this will mean they will be required due to their number of classes and segments they are performing in on both afternoons. Please appreciate that every decision we make is in the very best interests of the students. We felt last year that it was far too busy, congested in the back of the theatre and we needed more precious time on stage to ensure that our lighting, sound and other effects will best enhance our students and ensure that it is a magical and memorable time for them. We also appreciate that it’s a busy time of year and people work and there is the rush after school so we understand that the students may not be picture perfect. We know they will look absolutely beautiful on the days of the concert. We do ask that if you are unsure of hair and make up that you do practise on the dress rehearsal days so we can best guide you.
DRESS REHEARSALS- THURSDAY 30th November 3.30- 4.30pm
This will be an exclusive time slot just for Angelina students. All classes in the Angelina program will be required at this time. Please arrive dressed 15 mins prior to the commencement of the rehearsal so we can settle the students, say their goodbyes and take them into the auditorium. They will be dismissed at 4.30pm and taken through stage doors to meet their parents. We ask only one family member picks them up as there is simply not adequate space for a huge amount of people in the limited area we are given for backstage collection. They are only little so we don’t want them overwhelmed by a huge amount of people waiting. Our Angelina students will feature in their own FINALE” which will conclude the first exciting half of our performance.
DRESS REHEARSALS- THURSDAY, 30th November 5pm- 7.30pm
STUDENTS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE SHOW NEED TO BE AT THE THEATRE BY 4.45pm dressed in costume and ready to perform. All students in the first half will be dismissed at 7.30pm. Students will wait in theatre auditorium unless they have costume changes where they will be permitted to access dressing rooms.
DRESS REHEARSALS- FRIDAY 1st Dec DEC 4.30 -7pm
Students appearing in the second half of the show will need to be at the theatre, fully dressed and ready to go at 4.15pm. Students appearing in the second half will be dismissed from theatre at 7.00pm. They will be sat in theatre auditorium whilst they are waiting but if they have costume changes they will be permitted to access dressing rooms.
Thank you to all the generous people who have volunteered to assist us on Concert Days. We will need our volunteers to be inducted by Theatre Staff at 12.30pm Saturday, 2nd December. This will give only those who are our volunteers and assisting in supervision and organisation access to back of house areas of the theatre.
· Entry to Dress Rehearsals is via Carrington Ave entrance. Students are to be taken to back glass door ( stage door.) Please ensure that you are dressed and ready to commence rehearsals at your nominated time. This will be a full dress rehearsal in running order.
· Students are to have their names marked off on their class roll as a sign in for rehearsal. Performers and Parents are NOT permitted in the foyer area of the Theatre. REHEARSALS ARE CLOSED. ( Parents, friends etc are NOT permitted backstage, stage area or within the theatre auditorium.) Parents may wait in dressing room areas to assist with costume changes but only if your child has a costume change on that day of rehearsal. Parents of young performers are welcome to stay in the Dressing Rooms Area. Students are fully supervised in theatre.
· Students are to wait to be called for each rehearsal. They will be dismissed from stage or auditorium at close of their rehearsal.
· Students with changes for rehearsals are asked to be prompt. This is a good rehearsal for the actual day as there are a few quick changes needed. Please set up side stage for the very quick changes.
· No food or drink in the theatre auditorium during rehearsals. Young students should not be eating and drinking while in costume. Please ensure that all students have a water bottle that is labelled with their name.
· Dressing Rooms are to be left tidy.
· Students must sign out before leaving the premises.
3.45pm arrival FIRST HALF OF SHOW- ANGELINA STUDENTS ( students to be collected at 4.30pm sharp.
Times on next page
4.45pm arrival- FIRST HALF PERFORMERS- Thursday, 30th November 17
The following students can be collected from Carrington Ave, stage door entrance at 7.30pm
· 1. OPENING- “Light it up/Burning up/Firework-Eisteddfod Troupe Performance students with vocalist Bella Gibson
· 2. Angelina students
· 3. 10 years Jazz- Time to party
· 4. 14 Years Jazz- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend
· 5. Junior Jazz- Fireworks
· 6. Intermediate Modern- Lanterns
· 7. 6 Years jazz- Uptown Girl featuring Willow Scott and Ayla Brown
· 8. Grade 1- Beauty and the Beast
· 9. Grade 3 and 4 Ballet- A moment lasts forever
· 10. Senior Jazz- Pretty Young Thing
· 11. Maddie Gibson – Guest Artist
· 12. Intermediate Hip Hop- Star Wars
· 13. Pre-Primary Ballet -You’ll be in my Heart featuring Immy
· 14. Grade 2 Ballet- Colours of the ‘Wind’
· 15. Inter/Advanced Tap- Aladdin
· 16. Intermediate Tap and Junior Tap- Happy Feet featuring Jade Widdison
· 17. Junior Modern- Moana featuring Zoe
· *5pm performance only – Angelina Class- Rapunzel 18.
· Tiny Tots Finale’
· 19. Junior Performance- School of Rock
DRESS REHEARSALS- FRIDAY, 1st Dec 4.30-7pm
STUDENTS IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SHOW NEED TO BE THERE BY 4.10pm dressed and ready for rehearsals. They can be collected at 7pm.
· 20. Senior Performance- 9 to 5
· 21. 8 years Classical
· 22. Junior Hip Hop- Construction Workers
· 23. Senior Hip Hop- Work
· 24. 12 years Jazz- Super heroes
· 25. Primary Ballet- You are my Sunshine
· 26. Amelia Chapman- 2017 Scholarship Winner
· 27. Boys Class- Grease Featuring Bella, Cale and the Pink Ladies
· 28. Senior Tap-America
· 29. Bella Keenan- Guest Artist
· 30. Senior Ballet- Amazing Grace
· 31. 8 years Jazz- Meet me at the ball game
· 32. Senior Modern- New York
· 33. Intermediate Advanced Modern- Read all about it
· 34. Farewell Dance SLIDESHOW 2017 FINALE’- all students
All notes will also be posted on the blog and a link given on our FB page.
Stay Calm and Sparkle!
The following groups can be collected from the studio on Tuesday 21st November.
· Intermediate Hip Hop Balance payable is $30
ALL ANGELINA CLASSES CAN BE COLLECTED FROM THE STUDIO ON Saturday, 25th November between 10.15am and 11am.
Balance payable is $30.
The remainder of Costumes will be available for the day that classes are attended. Monday classes will collect on 27th November between 4.30 and 7pm. Tuesday classes will collect on 28th November between 4.30 and 7pm. Thursday classes please collect on Tuesday afternoons.
Balances are as follows;
Thursday jazz $30
Primary ballet $35
Pre senior jazz $35
Pre senior contemp $35
Pre primary ballet $30
6 years jazz $30
Junior tap $30
Junior hip hop $35
Junior contemp $30
Intermediate tap $35
Grade 3 and 4 $35
Grade 2 $35
Grade 1 $35
Boys class $35
9/10 years jazz $35
8 years jazz $35
12 years jazz $35